SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW
Use the periodic table and what you learned about the mystery element to answer the following questions.
1. Which of the following is NOT a metal?
A. gold (Au)
B. antimony (Sb)
C. silicon (Si)
D. strontium (Sr)
2. In which group is antimony (Sb) located?
A. Group 1
B. Group 3
C. Group 9
D. Group 15
3. How many protons does lead (Pb) have?
4. Which term describes a negatively charged particle?
5. Which is the best definition of the word mineral?
A. a metal mixture
B. a naturally occurring solid
C. a mixture of two or more elements
D. an element that refracts light